Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tara McPherson

Tara McPherson is a painter, poster artist and freelance illustrator based out of New York City.


Creating art about people and their odd ways, her characters seem to exude an idealized innocence with a glimpse of hard earned wisdom in their eyes.
















Recalling many issues from childhood and good old life experience, she creates images that are thought provoking and seductive.























People and their relationships are a central theme throughout her work.
[All above taken from www.taramcpherson.com]







I just discovered Tara's artwork a couple of weeks ago and I think that she's an amazing artist. Her poster designs are very intriguing and the typography is well done.
CLICK ON A POSTER TO VIEW IT BIGGER!!













This is a poster for Tara's European book tour. The book, titled Lonely Heart, features her artwork.















I love this poster for The Futureheads because when I was little, I used to put an olive on each of my fingers and then eat them. =]













TARA IS ALSO AN AMAZING ILLUSTRATOR/PAINTER SO BE SURE TO CHECK OUT HER WEBSITE TO SEE THOSE!!!

No comments: